why raw honey from eastern colorado?
Our honey is delicious....because it's the real deal. Honey from our hives comes from Italian and Russian bee varieties, and we raise them on hives in our pastures. Because of this practice, the honey yield is unadulterated, pure and unfiltered. We use no additives, and our honey isn't watered down like what you'll typically find in the supermarket. With Van D Honeybees, you'll get raw honey with the unique sweet flavor that comes from our local plant life (pollen). It's pretty much the bees knees!
our hives produce approximately 10 gallons of honey per year!
please contact us about local honey from strasburg, colorado.
Benefits of Local Honey Include:
- Natural antibacterial properties
- Anti-inflamatory (which is why many people use it to make natural skincare remedies)
- Healthy alternative to processed sweeteners and refined sugars
- Delicious, easy snack that pairs well with a myriad of foods
- Natural source of nutrients including niacin and riboflavin; along with minerals such as calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus,potassium and zinc.
- SUPPORTS BEE PRODUCTION AND PRODUCERS! (Honeybees are endangered and are necessary for ecosystems everywhere).